Featured Post

Pretty Pens: A Tutorial

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It’s Back!

teacupgfairy002b What’s back?  My voice.  Let me explain. 

I have been fighting a bad cold that started coming about 2 weeks ago.  It was nasty too, I missed a few days of class.  Anyway, I thought I was starting to get better until Friday evening.  My voice starting to get a little funny.  For four days after that when I tried to speak, either I came out sounding like a frog or no sound would come at all.  Not really that bad since I’m a little on the shy side and don’t really talk that much.  But since I couldn’t speak, I couldn’t sing either.  Several of you may be going “huh, why’s she concerned about singing?”  Well, I sing in choir at church, I have been a member for like a year and a half.  I totally love it and I am quite dedicated to it too.  So last Sunday was the first time I wasn’t up there with everyone since I joined.  It was a little hard to watch, but it helped me to realize all the more how lucky I am to be able to sing with them when I can.  And I realized what a precious thing it is to have a voice to use to communicate and express my thoughts and opinions.  Should use it wisely from now on.  Of course I am also so very lucky that it came back today, just in time for choir practice.  Which reminds me, I have to leave for it in a few minutes.  I will do something meaningful with my voice today, won’t you try it too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.