Featured Post

Pretty Pens: A Tutorial

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Raiding the Junk Drawer

photos 156
This is a key for a lock I lost a long time ago.  Essentially worthless keys have only one purpose in my mind, decoration.  So I strung in onto a piece of ribbon and embellished it with glittery fabric paint and faux pearls.  Now instead of lying in a junk drawer catching dust, it can hang out on my jewelry rack catching dust.  Just kidding, I do plan on wearing it, as soon as I find the right outfit to go with it.
Here’s the updated list:
  • skirt
  • dress shorts
  • bookmarks
  • boxes
  • key necklace
  • cutoffs
  • embellished wedges
  • rings
  • soap
  • Top
  • luggage makeover
Five down, six to go.  Next is some things for Spring, is it here yet?

2 comments:

  1. That is really cute! Thanks for posting! I know I've got a ton of other people's old keys in my junk drawer that could be really cute necklaces!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it, I might make more. I unearthed some more old keys while decluttering.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.