Featured Post

Trimmings and An Angel

Monday, May 17, 2010

Sweet Dreams

A funny thing happened this morning.  I barely got any sleep at all last night, so I was really out of it.  So much so, that I accidently put on my scrub pants inside-out.  I didn’t even notice until about 15 minutes after I got to class.  Luckily it wasn’t noticeable, and at least I remembered to put them on at all.  Now that would be embarrassing.
photos 707
I finished the little bed for my dollhouse, so at least they can get some sleep in there.  Actually this is the second one I made.  The first one looks exactly like this one except larger.  Too large in fact, that one was around “standard” doll house size, my house is considerably smaller than “standard”.  I gave that one to my Mom and quickly made this one.  Of course it is made of corrugated cardboard like all the other furniture.  I cut the pieces, glued them, then painted with a lovely dark brown paint and coated with sealer.  The mattress is made from another piece of cardboard that I covered with fabric.  Finished up with a couple of pillows and a quick little blanket.  It looks great in the room, still have a few more pieces to make though.
Here’s the updated list:
  • hangers
  • bed
  • mirror
  • dresser
  • skirt
  • pocket
  • lamp
  • night stand
  • wardrobe
  • rug
  • framed art
  • curtains
Two down, ten to go.  The next two should be done by Wednesday.  Don’t miss it.

3 comments:

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.