Featured Post

Pretty Pens: A Tutorial

Monday, May 10, 2010

Dressed to a Tee

I meant to post much earlier today, but since I was unconscious most of the day that plan sort of fell through.  I was up really late last night working on school work, plus I got up about 3:30am this morning, so I was pretty tired a good portion of the day.  Almost as soon as I got home from class I dozed off, didn’t wake up until about an hour ago. 

But back to the important stuff, I finished the list.

photos 697

Here we have a dress inspired by this adorable tunic tutorial on Tea Rose home.

I used an old polo shirt from high school and a some fabric from a rummage sale for the skirt part.  I didn’t listen to the advice from the tutorial about using fusible interfacing, I’m paying for it now. 

Beyond that, I think it came out okay.  It has a loose fit to it that I find very comfortable, and it’s sleeveless making it perfect for warmer weather.

photos 698

While I was at it, I decided to make another one using an old long sleeved shirt I got as a gift when I was about 12 years old.  It strangely still fits me, I haven’t grown much in the past decade. 

Anyway, I cut off the sleeves and neckline using pinking shears and left them like that because I thought it looked pretty.  I used this fabric I got at Goodwill more than a year ago.  I have more in a darker shade of blue.  Again on this one I forgot about using fusible interfacing so it looks weird where the shirt meets the skirt.  Still, it does look pretty and didn’t cost me a dime to boot.  That’s the best part.

Here’s the updated list:
Nine done, and all is well.  Can’t wait to start my next list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.