Featured Post

Store Bought Accessories for Crafty Costumes

Friday, May 7, 2010

Cardboard Decor

A while back I notice how bare some of my walls looked and thought I could use something to cover them.  The idea of making picture frames out of cardboard then popped into my head.

photos 688

Fast forward, here’s my first attempt at it. 

I carefully cut and glued together multiple layers of corrugated cardboard to form the frame, then painted it with blue acrylic paint and applied a sealant to make it look finished.  I carved a little slot in the back to use to hang it on the wall. 

Of course a frame isn’t complete with out something to frame, right?  I got the idea for a silhouette with glitter from this tutorial on Naughty Secretary Club.  I made it on this cute piece of scrapbook paper and outlined the butterfly with fabric paint.  Simply done and it really makes a statement.  Does it send the right message though?

Here’s the updated list:
Eight down, just one more to go.  And it looks like I’m going to finish earlier than I planned, that’s always a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.