Featured Post

Trimmings and An Angel

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Mirror to Check, A Drawer to Fill

100_2732
I finished the dresser and mirror just now.  I said I would have it done by Wednesday and I just barely made it.  I used pieces of cardboard glued together and painted them a lovely dark brown.  I used the same color as the bed too, nothing like matching wood furniture.  I do like how the streaks from my paintbrush give it a “woody” look.  I whipped up the matching mirror with cardboard and aluminum foil, the foil is a little rough though.  I finished them both with a coat of sealer and some small beads for drawer pulls.  The drawers aren’t real, I cut pieces of cardboard and glued them on to look like drawers.  Maybe someday I’ll make working drawers, if I work on a house in a larger scale than this one.
Here’s the updated list:
  • hangers
  • bed
  • mirror
  • dresser
  • skirt
  • pocket
  • lamp
  • night stand
  • wardrobe
  • rug
  • framed art
  • curtains
Four down, eight to go.  Now for something completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.