And now the project from my craft list that gave me the most trouble. And it’s another dress.
I made this dress years ago (see Sunflowers and Candy). Pretty right? I love the sunflower print fabric, it has a cute country feel to it I think. I have actually changed it a little on the front since I made it, but I thought it could use even more of a change. I wanted to make the skirt much fuller and change the lace.
First I separated the top and skirt and cut the skirt down the front. I made a new skirt with some white fabric and layered the old one on top.
I removed all of the old lace from the skirt and the bodice before replacing it and reattaching the bodice to the new skirt.
The reason why it took so long to finish this dress was because I couldn’t decide what laces I wanted to use. I started sewing my first choices of lace on only to hate the way it looked and ripped it off to try again.
I eventually caved and took a trip to the fabric store. I found this great crocheted lace that worked perfectly. I added it along the skirt with some eyelet lace.
And I used it down the front and back of the bodice. It was especially handy on the back of the bodice where I threaded more lace through it, corset style. It looks pretty and now I can take it in for a better fit.
After adding a couple of lace rosettes (removable too) to the front…
…it was all complete and ready to wear.
Here’s the updated list:
Five down, just one more to go. And it will be up in a couple of days. Yay! Look forward to it.