Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Blue and Ruffly, A Skirt Makeover

The last project on my list was a dress turned skirt, but the next one is skirt to skirt.

Turning a long blue skirt into an even cuter skirt.

I got this skirt ages ago at a thrift store.  It was long, ruffly and pretty, but not quite right for me.  The long waist section was a little unflattering as was the length.  It basically made me look short and hipless.  I thought it would look cuter on me if it was shorter.

Turning a long blue skirt into an even cuter skirt.

First I chopped off the waistband and added a new elastic one with white cotton.  Stretchy = Comfy.

Turning a long blue skirt into an even cuter skirt.

To make it extra pretty, I added white lace along the bottom ruffle.

Turning a long blue skirt into an even cuter skirt.

I made little ribbon bow too. :)

Turning a long blue skirt into an even cuter skirt.

The end result is a cute and fluffy ruffly skirt.

Here’s the updated list:

Three down, three more to go.  The next one should be up this weekend.  Look forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.