Featured Post

Pretty Pens: A Tutorial

Monday, November 21, 2011

Blue Bells and Achy Throats

If you follow me on twitter, you probably already know that I have been sick the past few days. I probably shouldn’t say “have” since I am still coughing like crazy.

Anyway, being sick has slowed my pace a little so I have gotten slightly behind schedule in a lot of things. Crafts included, but what else is new?

Blue Dress with Lace and Ribbons

I manage to finish my new dress just in time to wear it Sunday, and without sneezing or coughing on it which was a miracle. It didn’t come out quite like I wanted it. It was supposed to have long puffed sleeves, but they came out “funny”. And despite being the third time using this pattern for the bodice, I still haven’t gotten the fit right.

Beyond that everything's perfectly swell. I love the blue trimming. If you look closely, you can see that it’s ribbon with embroidered blue flowers. I got a fantastic deal on it at SAS, 25 cents a roll and buy 2 get 1 free. Needless to say I stocked up on it. You will probably see it again soon along with this blue fabric. I promised my niece that I’d make her a skirt like this if she got a flu shot. She did.

Here’s the updated list:
  • fabric car
  • hankie holder
  • birdies
  • cat bed
  • tiny mittens
  • tiny stockings
  • doll makeover
  • blue dress
  • knitted bag
  • jacket
Six down, four to go. The next one should be up before Thanksgiving. If not, Happy Thanksgiving y’all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.