Featured Post

Trimmings and An Angel

Friday, April 23, 2010

Dino Birthday


Today is my nephew’s birthday, he’s three today and very happy about it.  


photos 637

For a present, I made him this pillow.  The dinosaur came from one of his old and stained t-shirts.  I cut it out and attached to another t-shirt, which I cut to size.  I used scraps of orange fabric for the edge and cut it with pinking shears to sort of resemble ridges on a dinosaur’s back, at least that was the idea. 

It is a little lumpy, stuffing pillows isn’t one of the things I excel at, but he totally loved it anyway.  He keeps on pointing at the dinosaur and saying “dinosaur!”, he is just so adorable.

Here’s the updated list:
  • Pillow
  • card bracelet
  • charm necklace
  • netbook sleeve
  • doll swimsuit
  • bum bag
  • sleep mask
  • picture frames
  • dress
One down, eight to go.  Up next is more jewelry.

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable gift. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea and it sounds like it was a big hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was, he already got it dirty. Not complaining though, he has been sleeping better ever since I gave it to him. No waking up in the middle of the night crying.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.