Featured Post

Pretty Pens: A Tutorial

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kitchen: Check

The list is completed and so it the kitchen for the doll house.
photos 956
As I mentioned before, it is an unbelievably tiny little kitchen, but it has all the necessities.  I made the curtains the same way as the other rooms because I like the way they look from the outside of the house.  Instead of “papering” the walls like I did with the bathroom and bedroom, I painted them to match the ceiling.  The floor is a little different, I cut squares from cardboard for tiles and glued them down.  I painted them and sealed them too.  The color matches the cabinets and doesn’t show dirt, a great quality for a kitchen :)
photos 958In the middle of setting this up, I noticed something.  I forgot to add the stove to my project list, so it wasn’t made until the last minute.  It was fairly easy to whip up.  It kind of reminds me of a washing machine though.  That would be kind of cute, maybe I should make a mini Laundromat after I finish the house.  Would that be too weird? 
Here’s the updated list:
  • Rosettes
  • Doll aprons
  • Zipper charms
  • Refrigerator
  • Heart purse
  • Doll
  • Kitchen sink
  • Cupboards
  • Clothes
  • Vase
  • Dishes
  • Curtains
Twelve down and out.  Another completed list.  Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Looking at your pictures of the oven and dishes... I can't even imagine enjoying making something sooo little! Kudos to you! Wow!!

    Found you on Etsy :)

    -Tiffany
    myscentsualjourney.blogspot.com
    www.beyondmagical.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are actually easier than they look, but I think that's because I keep them simple. Detailed stuff would be so hard to do.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.