Featured Post

Trimmings and An Angel

Monday, July 5, 2010

Zip a Dee Doo Dah

Remember sometime ago I mentioned something about a tutorial I found for rosettes made from old zippers (see Something about Zippers), well I decided to try it out a bit.  Remember the tutorial is here at Ucreate.
photos 862This is the first one I made, it is modeled here by my niece.  I found out that these rosettes aren’t quite as easy to make as they look.  They can take a bit of time to get it just right too, but they are worth it.  Just look how cool it came out.  I decided to make it into a pin despite the fact that I might have way too many pins in my collection already.  What can I say, I love pins.
photos 860
I found it was easier to make this second one since I had gotten the hang of it.  This one is also modeled by my niece.  I made it into a cute little hairclip to tame her tangled, messy hair.  Maybe it will give her an incentive to sit still for detangling.
Here’s the updated list:
  • Rosettes
  • Doll aprons
  • Zipper charms
  • Refrigerator
  • Heart purse
  • Doll
  • Kitchen sink
  • Cupboards
  • Clothes
  • Vase
  • Dishes
  • Curtains
One down, eleven to go.  The next one should be up by tomorrow evening, don’t miss it.

2 comments:

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.