Featured Post

Pretty Pens: A Tutorial

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Purple and Lace Bag Upgrade, Adding a New Lining

First project on my list is actually an update to a previous craft project.

Remember that purple tote bag I made (see Catching Up: Bags and More Bags)?  It was a super pretty bag that could be expanded as needed.  Perfect for everyday use.  And since making it I got quite a bit of use out of it.

Purple and Lace Bag Upgrade, Adding a New Lining

And it certainly shows, and I’m not talking about all those stains which are bad enough.

Purple and Lace Bag Upgrade, Adding a New Lining

I used that pretty tablecloth fabric for the lining, and it took a major beating. 

The easy thing would have been to just make a whole new bag, but I really like this one.  So instead I just made a new lining.

So here’s the before…

Purple and Lace Bag Upgrade, Adding a New Lining

…And after.

I first carefully cut out the old lining and tossed the bag in the washer.  Cleaning alone did a world of good.  While I waited for it to dry, I got to work on the new lining.

Purple and Lace Bag Upgrade, Adding a New Lining

Here are two of the sides, this is before sewing them in the bag. 

I used the same purple poplin as the rest of the bag (thank goodness for leftovers) and something else for the pockets, white fleece.  It’s super soft, strong, and a little stretchy.  Perfect for pockets to hold all of life’s essentials.

Purple and Lace Bag Upgrade, Adding a New Lining

Here’s the finished bag lining.  Looks so much better than before.

Purple and Lace Bag Upgrade, Adding a New Lining

And here it is in action.  Now everything is nicely organized, for now.

Here’s the updated list:

  • lining
  • patterns
  • lace
  • pins
  • scraps
  • fabric
  • supplies
  • uniform

One down, seven more to go.  And with not even a full week to do it, better get cracking.

2 comments:

  1. The bag looks so much better! Hope you're having a great weekend :) Found your blog through the happiness is homemade link up :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.