Featured Post

Trimmings and An Angel

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Red and Pink?

I finished the skirt on my list, though the photo of it is pretty pathetic. 

PICT0005

A little explanation,  remember that red skirt I made last December? (See Cutting it Close)  I had plenty of fabric leftover.  Why not make another skirt?  I tried to keep this one simpler, just a ruffle and a couple of pin tucks.  Anyway, some stuff got on it, not sure what, and I tried to wash it off.  Now one of those things you are “suppose” to do when sewing is prewash your fabrics.  That’s something I don’t do as often as I should,  I made this from a previously own sheet so I assumed it had already been “washed” and that that would be good enough.  So while washing it I discovered it wasn’t exactly colorfast.  Thankfully the color of the skirt was unaffected despite the running (the stuff I was washing off was also unaffected), but I am concerned about that other skirt I made.  Part of that one is white, if I wash it will I end up with a red/pink skirt instead of red/white?  On the bright side, if it does turn pink I will have something really cute to wear for Valentine’s day next year.

PICT0010

As for the new skirt, I also made hair bows to match with no problems.  On a whim, I decided to use some contrasting thread on some of the edges, just for fun.  I attached them to hair elastics I got from Dollar Tree.  I really lucked out by finding a package of them that had colors that matched this fabric almost exactly. 

Here’s the updated list:

  • Red shirt
  • Red skirt
  • Hair bows
  • Clock
  • Yellow shirt
  • Headband
  • Bag
  • Big bunny
  • Wristbands
  • Little bunnies
  • Easter dress

Three down, eight to go.  Now I’m off to do more “washing”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.