Featured Post

Trimmings and An Angel

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Home Sweet Home and Maybe a Campout

photos 003  Well, I finished the doll house.  At least I finished building it, I still need to furnish and decorate all the little rooms.  Those will be separate little projects.  Anyway, the house is made from a cardboard guitar box and all the window trimmings and sidings and stuff are made from old file folders I found.  Along with the folders I found a sheet of clear plastic which I used for the window glass.  The door knobs are made from wooden beads and a straight pin.  Can’t wait to furnish it. I’ll probably start with the bathroom.  I found some fun books at the library about making tiny toilets.  More on that later. 
photos 007
I also manage to make the sleeping bags.  They are based are some I saw in a book several years ago.  The book is called Wild with a Glue Gun.  It’s a simple design with a built in pillow and just the right size for tiny dolls.  I’m thinking of using them for another short film.  Although it seems a little chilly for a camping video.
Here’s the updated list:

  • Altered jacket
  • doll house
  • sleeping bags
  • hat
  • Glittery makeover Just one more to go. It might be a little difficult since I have no clue how to make hats.
  • 2 comments:

    1. WOW! I'm so impressed. I've been thinking this would be a great thing to do for my girls...i think i'll start with people

      ReplyDelete
    2. Just wait until I get started on the furniture, when I find the time.

      ReplyDelete

    Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.