Featured Post

Pretty Pens: A Tutorial

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Comb Over

Awhile ago I bought some plastic hair combs from SAS for about 15 cents each.  I had intended to use them immediately to make pretty hair accessories.

DSCI0033

Took a little longer than “immediately”, but I got them done.  For the one on the right I used a scrap of cheap lace for the base and glued on ribbon roses.  At least they are suppose to be roses, first time I ever made ribbon roses that actually had some resemblance to roses.  For the one on the left, I glued some thin lace and thinner ribbon along the top and added a single fake rosebud I had leftover from previous projects.  It kind of reminds me of something for a wedding, strange.  Anyway, I now have two lovely hair ornaments, assuming I can pull them off.

Here’s the updated list:

  • Needle case
  • Mug cozy
  • Pants
  • Hair accessories
  • Brooches
  • Necklace
  • Other jewelry
  • Food
  • Top
  • Skirt

Four down, six to go.  Should have the next one up by Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.