Featured Post

Pretty Pens: A Tutorial

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pretty Supplies

Not wanting to put things off too much (since when?), I got started right away and completed two projects.
Polaroid
First, I got these pens at Wal-Mart for 74 cents for a 15 pack.  Cheap price and they write quite well.  The problem is how plain they look.  How to fix that?
DSCI2370 (800x614)
Modpodge anyone?  I cut strips of tissue paper and brushed on Modpodge before wrapping around each pen.  When they dried, I gave each pen a coat to protect.  Simple to do and the results are pleasing.  For the four pens on the left, I experimented with using scrapbook paper.  They look pretty cool, but it isn’t something I would recommend.  The scrapbook paper is a little too thick and it makes it hard to stick the caps back on.  Tissue paper is a-ok. 
Polaroid
Next is the binder.  I still have my old binder from last year, but I needed a second one.  This one I already had lying around the house.  It just needed the special touch.
Polaroid
Enter the binder cover.  Just like the last one I made (see Clean and Covered) except this one is pink and lacy.  I added a couple of tiny bows because not only do they add such a nice touch, but without them I can’t tell which side is the front side.  See I can be practical sometimes.
Here’s the updated list:
  • Pens
  • Binder
  • Lunch bag
  • Backpack
  • Button
  • Scarf
  • Doll house
Two down, five to go.  The next one will be up either tomorrow or Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.