Search This Blog

Featured Post

Sparkly Tulle Phone Case with Tutorial

This post may contain affiliated links, please check out my disclosures page for more info.  Thanks! Here’s another makeover project.  This...

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dressed Up Appliances

I finally got around to finishing the next two projects.  I first must apologize for the lousy photo quality.  I had some camera trouble, as in my mom wouldn’t let me use her nice one, something about not putting it away when I was finished.

photos 1123Anyway, here’s my lovely new lamp shade, after I improved it.  I forgot to take a before photo, but you probably wouldn’t have wanted to see it anyway.  It looked so awful before, the ugliest lamp shade ever.  It just took some scraps of fabric and tulle, some lace, and a glue gun to give it a new lease on life.  The fabric I used came from a dress I cut up for last year’s Halloween costume, I am still finding plenty of uses for it.

photos 1117Moving on, I had this t-shirt that I thought was really cool but not good for me color-wise.   I also had a major need for a cover for my sewing machine.  Put two and two together and we have… a t-shirt for my sewing machine.  It is made sort of like a pillow cover, except instead of cutting the bottom hem to size, I folded it up and stitched it for pockets.  It’s a great spot the stash the cord when not in use and various other supplies.

Here’s the updated list:

  • Skirt
  • Lamp shade cover
  • Sewing machine cover
  • doll makeover
  • dress
  • scrunchies
  • head bands
  • costume
  • bag
  • vest recon

Three down, seven to go.  The next one should be up tomorrow, either that or some shopping scores.  I am going to Goodwill tomorrow, hope I find something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.