Featured Post

Pretty Pens: A Tutorial

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

R.I.P. Birdie

photos 190 My last post was about an injured pigeon I was taking care of, I started to call him Birdie.  And I confirmed it was a “he”.  Well, Bad news.  On Sunday morning Birdie passed on.  Apparently his injuries were too much for him.  At least his last days were pleasant ones.  And I also learned a bit about pigeons, mostly from Wikipedia.  I still don’t know where the crop is.  FYI, it’s the name of a part of the pigeon’s anatomy, I’m not talking about corn.  Apparently they produce milk from them.  Strange.  In the meantime, I think I’ll continue to read up about these fascinating birds, in memory of Birdie.

2 comments:

  1. Poor birdie. I am sure his last days were much nicer than they would have been otherwise :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.