Featured Post

Trimmings and An Angel

Monday, May 6, 2013

What’s in a (Pet) Name?

1agirlwithdog003Whenever I go pretty much anywhere I have a tendency to spot animals all over the place be it a stray cat, birds, even horses and cows.  I also have a tendency to give names to the animals I see on a regular basis.  Basically the first thing that pops into my head becomes their new name.  This sometimes brings unusual results, there are two cats that I have dubbed “Fluffy Kitty” and “Friday”.  Anyway, to assist me in this naming mission, I have made myself a list of cute names I have discovered.  Many of them came from an excellent pet naming book I found at the library, I just wish I could remember the title.  I thought is would be extremely beneficial to post it here to inspired others in their pet naming endeavors.  So here’s:

My List of Cute Pet Names

  • Nibbles
  • Henny
  • Penny
  • Delilah
  • Jack Be Nimble, for a cat
  • Ozzie
  • Tiptoe
  • Tippy
  • Brillo
  • Bill
  • Charmin
  • Nutmeg
  • Bonkers
  • Cujo
  • Gypsy (for a cat)
  • Nibbles (for a rodent)
  • Alfred
  • Arnie
  • Jezebel
  • Jodie
  • Lolly
  • Magnum
  • Miles
  • Timmy
  • Dickens
  • Sweetie
  • Cajun
  • Sweetums
  • Tootsie
  • Jiffy
  • Lipton
  • Beauregard
  • Kipper (Book and Cartoon)
  • Nelson (Churchill’s Black cat)
  • Artemis (Goddess of hunting wild things)
  • Hermes (Zeus’ Messenger)
  • Toutou (French for doggie)
  • Kipling
  • Opie
  • Lavern and Shirley
  • Cue Ball
  • Sergeant Pepper
  • Bentley
  • Crouton
  • Noodle
  • Pringle
  • Taffy
  • Turnip
  • Hickory
  • Truffles
  • Whiskers (my late gerbil Sad smile)
  • Plushball
  • Friskie
  • Bonbon
  • Tom Thumb
  • Jeeves
  • Jeffy
  • Scruffy
  • Sunny
  • Muffin
  • Tootsie Roll
  • Tiny (great for large breeds)
  • Swiffer
  • Spot (for a cat)
  • Almond

I will probably add more as they come to me.  And if you know of a few good names feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.