It’s has been awhile since I’ve done one of these posts, I guess I kind of forgot
Something I have almost always enjoyed doing is reading. I say almost because I’m sure I probably didn’t feel too enthusiastic about it when I was just a little kid learning how to read, though I don’t actually remember. Anyway, I also enjoy using my netbook and downloading all the new goodies I find. So naturally one of my favorite things are…
Most the eBooks I have I downloaded from Gutenberg (for free!), but I have found them in so many different places. Some include:
- Internet Archive—It’s basically like an online library, you can find tons of free eBooks, videos, etc.
- Open Library—It’s similar to Internet Archive, except not all the books are free, though many of them can be “checked out” just like a regular library. And there’s plenty of classic books to download for free.
- Scribd—this one blends eBooks and social media together. You can read and download tons of books and share ones you’ve written.
- CNET—this is actually a place to find software of all kinds including eBooks and eBook readers. Most of the software is free or free to try.
- Greater Phoenix Digital Library—this is a local resource for me. Anyone with a library card for one of 10 different public libraries in the Phoenix Metropolitan area can log in and check out eBooks and videos there. For those outside the area, check with your local library for similar programs.
Now please excuse me, I’m in the middle of re-reading Little Women. Happy reading!