Thursday, May 16, 2013

Breaking Down

I’ve been a little preoccupied this week, hence a slight lack of posts.  I’ve had several job interviews this week, yay!  Hopefully something good will result.

Anyway, I stopped by a 99 Cents Only Store yesterday to pick up a few things just for the heck of it.  As I have mentioned before, all my sewing supplies are stuck in storage for who knows how long.  I have been dying to make something, anything.  Every time I saw any sort of craft supplies in stores I got this urge to buy.  Even those flimsy little sewing kits with the dinky little pairs of scissors that barely cut anything.  I usually stopped myself since I already have tons of needles and threads and ribbon, even if I don’t really have access to them.  Seemed like such a waste to buy something I already have.

99cent store score

So basically I finally broke down and bought some basics.  Needles, safety pins, and some thread.  Now I can at least do some hand sewing and mending.  I also got some socks, tights, hair accessories and jewelry.  I’m especially excited about the jewelry.  I got a set of 3 pairs of faux-pearl earrings, a cameo necklace and matching earrings.  I kind of think cameos look strange on earrings, especially dangling ones.  However, as soon as I pry of the hooks, they will make great charms for bracelets or necklaces.  And the huge one on the necklace will probably work better as a brooch.  Then I use the chain for other purposes.  Plenty of things to make already.  However, the cameos will have to wait.  I have another special project to start working on, but I will explain that one at another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.