Saturday, March 31, 2012

De-Poufing

I managed to finish the last project last night.  I would have posted it earlier today, but I was helping out at Church.  Mostly painting stuff.  It is a little odd.  I got paint (and dirt) on my hands, legs, and my nose, but not my clothes.  I actually checked all over them, not a speck.  I would be thrilled if it wasn’t for the fact that I still can’t seem to get it off my nails.
Polaroid
Anyway,  I made this dress specifically for Easter next week.  I am super happy with the way it came out, especially with the bodice.  It actually fits me, me!  Plus I love how the front section turned out.  It has plenty of lace, pin tucks, and ribbon.  Just a few of my favorite things.  The problem with this dress came with the puffed sleeves.  I’ve used this sewing pattern before, but only the bodice part not the sleeves.  I know now that if I am ever going to use them again I will have to pretty much cut it down to size.  They came out enormous.  Think Dorothy of the Wizard of Oz playing football.  Luckily I was able to take in some of the puff and bring them down to a manageable size.  Other than that, this dress came out perfectly.  Can’t wait to wear it.
Here’s the updated list:
  • Doll dress
  • White purse
  • Shoes
  • T-shirt
  • Heart bag
  • Pins
  • Cuffs
  • Straw bag
  • Parasol
  • Dress
Nine down and out, right on schedule too. Open-mouthed smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.