Featured Post

Pretty Pens: A Tutorial

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mittens and Camping

Well yesterday I had a report due first thing in the morning.  And of course, I got right to work on it as soon as I heard about it (not!) which is why I managed to finish it early.  Early being 4:00 am the day it was due.  Basically what I am saying is that it was because of this and other issues that I didn’t blog yesterday.  Oops.
Polaroid
Anyway,  I had plenty of fleece leftover from the coat I made (see Fluffy Fleece) and I think I mentioned that it would be good to make mittens and stuff.  They aren’t the most complicated mittens in the world.  I traced my hand to make the pattern, cut two and sew.  Nothing hard about that.  Of course I just had to add a small amount of lace along the edge, the same lace as the coat to match.  Now my hands will be nice and warm.
Polaroid
Next project.  Some time ago I went to Goodwill and got among other things this Little People camper (see Finally Remembered).  I thought it would be perfect for my nephew who loves Little People and virtually anything with wheels.  I thought that a camping trip is never complete without animals though, so I made these.  They were suppose to be little bears.  My nephew saw me making one (he doesn’t know it’s for him) and asked what it was, so I asked him what he thought.  He insisted that it was a cat, no doubt about it.  So now I’ve got a brown and white “cat” and a purple and white bear.  It works.
Here’s the updated list:
  • Mittens
  • Wildlife
  • Baby bear
  • Ornaments
  • Gift bags
  • Bows
  • Doll makeover
  • Bags
  • Collars
  • Barbie clothes
  • Doll clothes
  • Animals
  • Sleeping bags
Three down, ten to go.  Just a heads up, I have a quiz tomorrow, multiple projects for work and school, and finals next week.  That probably means I might be scarce for a few days.  Or it means I will procrastinate the heck out of them and actually spend more time here.  Which is more likely?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.