Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Toting Lip Balm and Pins Galore

Awhile ago I was at a 99 cents Only Store browsing their selection of lip balm.  There was this one that came with a elastic holder to clip the tube to your keychain or whatever.  I though that it was a good idea but the holder was flimsy and hideous looking, I could so make them better.

DSCI0362

And I did.  Using some of my favorite fabric scraps, some elastic binding, and split key rings I whipped up these lovely lip balm holders.  Simple and effective, they securely hold my lip balm without being a major eyesore.  That’s one more project checked off.

 

DSCI0392

I also made these pins.  In the past I have made pins out of felt and loved them, but I never got around to making any more until now.  Quite a variety, there’s black cats, stars, hearts, ladybugs, and strawberries of course.  I do like strawberries although one of them looks more like a turnip to me or maybe an oddly colored acorn.  Maybe I should make acorns next.  Hmmm.

Here’s the updated list:

  • Business cards
  • Lip balm holders
  • Pins
  • Potholders
  • More doll clothes
  • Hook reuse
  • Pink skirt
  • Tote bag
  • Skirt
  • Bags

Three down, seven to go.  The next one should be done by Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.