Featured Post

Pretty Pens: A Tutorial

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pants to Potholders?

Remember that sewing class I took?  One of the projects required for all students was to make a pair of pajama pants.  They didn’t have to be good, they just had to be completed.  Well, a pair of the not-so-good ones was left behind by a previous student.  These ones were so badly done that I felt it would be too cruel to take a picture of them.  I took them home with me, no one else wanted them and I felt bad for them.  Plus the fabric used was super pretty.  But what to do with them?

DSCI0418

I made potholders with the pants.  Why potholders I have no idea, especially since I have never made them before this.  If you look carefully you can see some imperfections. (Hint: the bow on the heart shaped one isn’t just for show.)  For a first try they came out fairly well, and it’s fitting that they were recycled from another person’s first try. 

Here’s the updated list:

  • Business cards
  • Lip balm holders
  • Pins
  • Potholders
  • More doll clothes
  • Hook reuse
  • Pink skirt
  • Tote bag
  • Skirt
  • Bags

Four down, six to go.  The next project should be done by Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.