Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cute Tee, ‘Nuff Said

Finished a couple of clothing recons.  First up is this t-shirt.

DSCI0007

It was a simple white t-shirt I got for 25 cents.  It fit me perfectly, but I like my tees to be more on the pretty side.

DSCI0010

Here’s the after shot.  Since this t-shirt already fit me well, I didn’t have to remove the sleeves to adjust it like I usually do.  I did cut the hems of the sleeves off at an angle before re-hemming them and adding lace and elastic.  I cut the the neckline in a slight square shape being sure not to cut it too low, did that one before.  I trimmed the neck with the same lace as the sleeves.  You probably can’t see the lace very well in this photo, but it will pop up again.  I recently brought it from SAS.  A humongous spool of pretty lace for only $1.  It will last for many years and hundreds of projects.  I think it works wonderfully for this t-shirt.  Now it’s a simple tee with a touch of cuteness. 

DSCI0013

Of course I need something to wear with my cute new t-shirt.  A simple full skirt works  well with it.  I made this skirt from a large pillow case I bought awhile ago at a rummage sale.  I had been planning on making a skirt with it for months but only now got around to it.  It’s a basic rectangle skirt with an elastic waistband and just a touch of lace at the hem.  I love the print on the fabric.  It’s tiny green flowers and from a distance they look kind of like moss.  I tried to make a matching headband, but it didn’t turn out quite right size-wise.  I’ll probably give it to my niece, she loves headbands and little girls can never have too many of them.

Here’s the updated list:

  • Slippers
  • Handkerchiefs
  • Cases
  • Pens
  • Binder
  • T-shirt
  • Skirt
  • Bag
  • Background

Eight down, just one more to go.  Open-mouthed smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.