Friday, October 15, 2010

Prettied Up

I know I said I would have this up yesterday, stuff happens. 

Anyway,  Remember that porcelain doll I found at Goodwill a few weeks ago that was in horrible condition, but had a certain charm to her? (See Another Hidden Gem)  Well, I finally fixed her up.  

photos 1010-1

Here’s the before photo.  Her hair was so tangled up, she was a bit dirty too which probably didn’t help the cracks on her face, and the outfit was horrible.  Is that suppose to be a dress?  To make matters worse, the color from the pink ran off on the white parts of the outfit, and no shoes to boot.

photos 1128

Now the after shot.  I cleaned her up a bit and combed her knotted hair, she actually has some lovely curls and the bangs are quite pretty.  I made her a new dress from a nice blue cotton fabric, the color really sets off her eyes.  The matching hair band really finishes the look, and I recycled part of the old outfit to make her bloomers.  I couldn’t really do anything about the cracks on her face, but I don’t think they are quite as noticeable now with all the other improvements. 

Here’s the updated list:

  • Skirt
  • Lamp shade cover
  • Sewing machine cover
  • doll makeover
  • dress
  • scrunchies
  • head bands
  • costume
  • bag
  • vest recon

Four down, six to go.  Next one will definitely be up by Monday at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.