Featured Post

Button Broach, a Tutorial

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

More on Cardboard


photos 294

This is what I made as part of a project for school.  It’s the Finnish Spitz.  I found a photo of it here, and glued it to a some cardboard on both sides.  I had to flip the photo for the other side and print out extras to make the legs, and the legs joints are made from a pen tube cut in half.  It came out well, so did the report I had to write.  To get the cardboard for it, I had to do a little searching downtown.

photos 288
I had meant to use a plain cardboard box, but I couldn’t find one.  I found this thing instead.  I’m not sure what it was used for, but I thought the shape was so cool so I grab two of them.  It would make a good magazine rack.

photos 290
From the side it reminds me of a house.  Maybe I could make a doll house, or maybe an album.




photos 302
On another note, I finished the ID tag holder.  I just took an old one and wrapped it with lace and stitched it in place.  I used some sparkly squeeze tube fabric paint just for kicks.  I wanted to decorate my card too, but I don’t think it’s allowed.  Oh well.
So here’s the updated list:
  • bottle cozy
  • half apron
  • hankies
  • snowflake angels
  • bias tape accessories
  • mini baskets
  • pouches
  • bead headbands
  • Wings
  • scarf
  • id tag holder
Three down, eight to go.  Next will be either the scarf or the apron.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share what's on your mind, just keep it family friendly please.